Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

by - August 04, 2014

  


I'm a sucker for love stories so when I learned about this book and how a lot of people gave so much praise about it I knew that I have to read it. It was a kind of book that you can finish in one or two sitting. The thing I love about it the most is how simple it was written. I hate it when writers use to many big words in a book, I'm just not a fan of highfalutin words. I strongly believe that simplicity is the best way to a reader's heart. This book nailed it.

A story of two teen agers who are very different from one another who ended up falling for each other. Eleanor is definitely not in Park's radar but she somehow made it under his skin and he doesn't even know how she did it. The twisted family situation of Eleanor plays the major conflict in the story and will actually lead to a surprising twist near the end of the novel. Just when I though I knew who was who and what was what there were several surprises that threw me off. 

My rating for this book : 8.5/10

You May Also Like

0 Comments