Isang Daang Tula Para Kay Stella

by - September 09, 2017


"Isang Daang Tula Para Kay Stella" is an indie film which stars JC Santos (as Fidel) and Bella Padilla (as Stella). The story revolves around Fidel's hidden feelings for Stella. Because Fidel could not seem to gather enough courage to profess his love for Stella he poured out his feelings through his poems instead.

In a scale of 1-10 what is my rating for the film?

I will give it an 8.5. It was really a good film. It's just that there were hollow portions I think, like there were several scenes that doesn't seem to speak about the movie like it's trying hard to be indie or something like that if you know what I mean (disclaimer: not an indie critic here, just a fellow movie-lover like everyone else).

Does it really have 100 poems?

I get this question a lot from my friends who have not seen the movie yet. Well if you call 1 stanza or 4 liners a poem then yeha, I guess it's more of 100 free verse poems for Stella.

What do I like about the movie?

The ending. It was not your conventional happy ending nor your tragic ending either. I love how the movie got me at the edge of my seat guessing who will end up with who or if something bad was about to happen only to see it the other way around.

By the way, we were very fortunate to have seen this movie for only 100 pesos, yes you read that correctly, we only paid 100 pesos for this movie. It was like a promotion stint I guess to encourage more Filipinos to watch our independent films, which I think is a very brilliant idea since a lot of indie films are very much under rated despite their amazing story lines and cinematography even though they have very limited production resources. So I call out to all the Filipino millenials out there let us support our own film industry.

That's all for now lovies. I'll see you again on my next blog. XOXO. :)

You May Also Like

1 Comments

  1. May mga tula ka po ba ni Fidel para kay Stella?

    ReplyDelete