Speaking in front of a bunch of people

I have always been shy, well that is a fact already, so I really do not know what has gone into my mind to take up a short course to become a teacher. I mean seriously I'm not the kind of person who loves talking in front. You can just imagine how nerve wrecking it was for me to deliver my report in front of 55 people. Jeez I thought I was gonna die. 

We have this subject Principles of Teaching and a requirement for us to pass the subject is to render a report. Our professor said we should consider it as a practice for our future teaching career. Research was no biggie for me but reporting in front of the class, well that's a different topic though. 

I was so damn scared and nervous before the report, my hands are actually shaking. My fear was that I would forget everything and fall into a complete mental block, which fortunately did not happen. So before I actually stood in front i said a little prayer and asked for God's guidance and help and I told Him that I leave everything in His hands. the moment of truth came to materialized and it was not actually as bad as I thought but i was still nervous. I can feel my knees getting a little wobbly and my voice starting to shake a little, but I pulled through. I will not say it was a major success for me but hey it was my first time I still got a lot of rooms for improvement. 

Anyway, here are the things I've learned:
1. Pray. Tell Him what you feel, what scares you and what worries you and He will comfort you. He will help you get through.
2. Reporting and standing in front of a lot of people can be frightening but it's not that bad after all.
3. Breathe. Relax. And believe that everything is going to be okay.

You May Also Like

0 Comments