How I prepared for my NCLEX

by - September 05, 2016



Last September 2, 2016, I took my NCLEX exam in Makati. NCLEX is the United States state boards that is the equivalent of our nursing board exam here in the Philippines. The exam is a computer adaptive examination and the number of items can vary from 75 up to 265 depending on your performance on the exam. The NCLEX basically measures a nurse's knowledge in providing safe nursing care to patients.

The NCLEX is by far the hardest exam I have ever taken. You really have to prepare before you attempt to take it.

Here are the list of the books that I used in preparing for my NCLEX:

1. Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination (5th Edition) by Linda Anne Silvestri - If you are looking for content then this book is the book you are looking for. It is an in-depth review of probably all the nursing topics you have discussed while in nursing school.

2. Kaplan NCLEX RN Premier 2016 - I answered this book to practice myself in answering NCLEX formatted kind of question. I actually did not focus on the content of this book but rather just the practice questions.

3. Lippincott's Q and A Review for NCLEX RN by Dianne Billings - This is actually one of my favorite NCLEX review material. This pesents different types of question ranging from the usual Multiple CHoice up to the dreaded Select All That Applies. This is one of the most challenging books I have answered while preparing for my NCLEX.

4. Prioritization, Delegation and Assignment by Linda LaCharity - I strongly suggest that you get a copy of this book if you are preparing for the NCLEX. This will challenge your nursing knowledge and it will surely give you an idea on how an NCLEX question is made of.

So there you go, those are the books that I utilized in preparation for my NCLEX Exam. If you happen to have any question please feel free to hit the comment box below. Also please do share your NCLEX experience if you have one, I would surely love to read them. :)

Stay tuned for more NCLEX related posts soon. :)

You May Also Like

0 Comments