Passport Renewal Process

by - August 11, 2018

(Image from WeHeartIt)

I was never a jetsetter, but I am a seasonal traveller. I travel every chance I get or whenever I have the means to. The Philippine passport expiration was 5 years previously but now it was upgraded to 10 years. My passport expired last February making it impossible for me to travel overseas, I scheduled my DFA appointment last February but managed to secure a slot in May. YES! You read that right, 3 months after I booked an appointment that is how long I have to wait just to apply for a passport. Now if you think the dilemma ends there well brace yourselves because that is but just the beginning of your nightmare.

To renew your passport you would need the following:
1. DFA appointment
2. Duly accomplished form, downloadable in the DFA website, the link will be sent in your email
3. Photocopy of your passport (first and last page of passport)
4. Photocopy of valid ID

After securing all the necessary documents, make sure that you appear on your scheduled appointment date on time. Be there atleast 30 minutes earlier so you will atleast have an ample time. By the way let me tell you now that not because there is a so called appointment date and time it already means that you can wave good bye to long queues because brace yourselves there would still be long lines in the DFA. So don't forget to bring a fan and hanky (just in case it's hot) and also your phone (make sure you have fun games to kill time while you wait).

So here is the process in the DFA:

First would be Processing, all your requirements would be assessed, this is where they would invalidate your old and expired passport by a puncher. Then you will pay the passport fee in the cashier, that would be 950 pesos for regular (20 working days) and 1200 pesos for expedite (10 working days), you will also be asked to validate all the information in your passport so make sure you double check carefully all your details. After that is the Encoding, this is where your picture will be taken, and to tell you frankly I think majority gets that awkward photo in their passports. Last would be proceeding to the LBC counter if you want your passport to be delivered to your doorstep instead of going back to DFA to claim it. I personally opted that my passport be delivered since this is more convenient and hassle free. I believe the price of the delivery is about 150-200 pesos.

There you go, I hope I somehow shed some light to those who are planning to renew their passports. Until my next posts lovies! 

You May Also Like

0 Comments